1. Minimum Eligibility Criteria for UG & PG courses :
Aspirants can secure admission in UG courses offered at Bharathiar University if they have cleared their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
To be eligible to apply for PG course admissions candidates should be graduates in the relevant field/subject from either Bharathiar University or any other University that is recognized to be equivalent by Bharathiar University.
Note: Aspirants are advised to thoroughly go through the eligibility criteria as mentioned by Bharathiar University for the course in which they wish to secure admission.
Bharathiar University offers direct admission to aspirants in UG programes like BVoc Business Process Services and Data Analysis as well as BVoc Multi-Media and Animation.
To offer admission to aspirants in PG courses, Bharathiar University conducts an entrance exam as well as admits aspirants on the basis of their marks in their UG Course.
Photocopies of the following should be enclosed with the filled in application:
Qualifying Examination Mark Sheet/Provisional Mark sheet should be attested by Head Master of the School.
Community Certificate (wherever applicable)
Certificate of proof when admission is sought under Differently Abled / Sports Quota/ NCC/Ex-Servicemen etc.
Original Certificates are to be produced at the time of admission only. However, if a candidate fails to produce the relevant certificates in original at the time of Counseling for admission, the admission shall be cancelled.
Rule of Reservation:
The admission shall be made purely on the basis of Merit subject to the rule of reservation of the Government of Tamil Nadu. .
31% for Open Competition (OC)
26.5% for Backward Classes (BC) other than BC Muslims and 3.5% for Backward Classes Muslims.
20% for Most Backward classes (MBC) and Denotified Communities (DNC)
15% for Scheduled Castes (SC), and 3 % for Arunthathiyars (SCA).
1% for Scheduled Tribes (ST)
50% of seats in the cases of Unaided private (Self-financing) colleges.
Preparation of Rank-List for UG Courses:
For admission to Under Graduate courses (UG) a candidate must have passed the Higher Secondary Examinations of Tamil Nadu or an examination (like the CBSE) recognized
by the Universities as equivalent thereto. Admission should be made based on the +2 marks only.
The Rank-list will be out of 400 marks comprising a subject-component of 400 and admission to Cheran Colleges done be through counseling.
Rank list should be prepared based on the marks obtained by the students in the subject component out of total 400 marks under Part III in
Higher Secondary examination during 2018-Eligibility of students for admission to UG Courses in the colleges shall be as per the guidelines fixed by
the Universities concerned.
Apportionment of seats for each course with different streams (80% Academic / 20% Vocational) and also Apportionment of seats among students who have studied
different subjects in the Higher Secondary (+2) shall be made as per the existing norms.
For the students passed Higher Secondary (+2) the marks can be converted to current stream. i.e to 400, instead of 800. If more than one allied is offered for a particular major subject, 50% of the seats shall be given to each allied.
PG Admission through Entrance Exam
In courses wherein admission is offered through entrance exam, the final merit list is prepared by giving 60% weight age to an aspirant’s score in the entrance exam and the remaining 40%
weight age is allotted to average marks scored by the candidates in his UG course (upto Semester V).
Procedure for admission to PG courses
For admission to post graduate courses (PG) a candidate must have passed the 3 years degree courses (under the 10 + 2 + 3 pattern) recognized by the University as equivalent thereto.
In the case of admission to PG courses in all colleges the last date for receipt of filled in application shall be 10 working days from the date of publication of the UG results of the respective Universities.
For admission to all PG courses other than MBA and MCA, the qualifying examination marks in part III (Major, Allied/Ancillary) alone shall be taken into consideration.
For admission to MSW course any degree holder is eligible.